HI FRIENDS!! I am so glad to be sharing today’s post! I have decided to start a new series on the blog that a have more “real” post. I know that there is more to life than just fashion and beauty so I wanted to start incorporating more topics into the blog. I decided to call this series “Coffee Talk” because I feel like if we could all get together in real life and meet for coffee these are some of the things we would talk about.
For the first topic of the series, I wanted to share with you all something I’ve been asked a lot since I’ve moved to a new city. How do you meet new people and make new friends in a new city?
Moving to a new city is not an easy task and takes lots of determination and faith. One of the hardest things for me was knowing that I’d be leaving all my family and friends. Although I am not far from home its always comforting to know you have a friends close by.
I was homeschooled for the majority of high school and I’m pretty introverted so making friends hasn’t always been my strong point. Moving to a new city where I knew maybe a handful of people has really pushed me out of my comfort zone. Here are a few tips for meeting new people in a new city.
1. Connect with old friends who are now in the same city. (One day I went to my FB friend list and started searching through my friends list of people who had moved to Nashville as well. I reached out to see if they wanted to grab coffee/lunch and was able to reconnect with some old friends.)
2. Join a small group at church.
3. Make an effort to get to know coworkers/peers.
4. Check hash tags that fit you niche. For example I am a blogger so I always hashtag #NashvilleBlogger or #NashvilleInfluencer. I have made so many friends via social media. It is always dun to connect with people who have the same interest as you. (Fun Fact: My best friend and I met on social media! LOL!)
5. Join the Sassy Club. If you don’t know what the Sassy Club is, you need to get with the program. One of my favorite bloggers Dani Austin started the Sassy Club. It is a community of women all around the US. We post in the group about different topics and it is overall an uplifting group of ladies. Although it is social media based the group has started doing meet ups all over. It is a great way to meet new girlfriends.
I know this post is not fashion based but I did want to share this easy to put together look with you all. Most pieces are under $50 and are closet staples that you can re-wear. I have linked all details above.
I hope you all enjoyed this post and found my ramblings somewhat useful. Do you like these kinds of post? If so, what topics would you like me to talk about.
I hope you all have had a great Monday!