Happy New Year!!! I can NOT believe it is 2018!
I so wanted to have this post up exactly on the first BUT I ended up getting SO sick. It has knocked me on my butt and I am JUST now getting to the point where I can actually get out of bed and function.
I feel like 2017 flew by. 2017 for me was full of change, new adventure, and challenges. It is crazy how quickly life can change in just one year. I wanted to recap big moments for me this year.
1. Moved to Nashville.
2. Got accepted to LikeToKnow.It.
3. Made some amazing new friends.
4. Completed my first brand deal/sponsored post.
5. Rebranded my blog.
I feel like 2017 really helped me grow as an individual. I look forward to see what 2018 has in store. I really want to focus on improving my overall life in 2018. Here are a few of my goals I plan to work towards this year.
1. Get organized. I used to be SO organized but this past year I slacked SO bad. I think all of the changes in my life happened so quickly and I just kicked my organizing habits to the curb. I started with cleaning and decluttering. I have a few more areas to tackle like my closet and desk space. I also got a planner that has helped me keep everything on track so far.
2. Live a healthier lifestyle. This has been one of the most challenging things for me this past year. I couldn’t tell you the last time I stepped foot in a gym or made healthy food choices for more than a day at a time. Getting into a routine of regularly working out and being more mindful with my food choices is some thing I really want to focus on this year. (Plus we just booked our family vacation to the beach this summer and this body is NOT bikini ready.) I want to not only healthier physically but mentally as well. I think mental health is SO important.
3. Read 1 book a month. Personal growth is a huge goal for me this year. I have a huge list of books I have been wanting to read and can’t wait to start. If you all have any books that you think I should read feel free to send them my way.
4. Be more spontaneous and adventurous. I am SUCH a homebody and introverted and the only way to overcome it is to force yourself to try new things. I also want to travel more. Life is WAY too short to not take advantage of the time we do have and make memories.
5. Achieve financial success. I feel like money is something the majority of us all worry about. A goal for me this year is get to a point where I don’t have to worry and can use my money more freely to put toward my business, traveling, and saving for my future. I DON’T want to work my life away like so many of us do to survive..I want to be to make smart financial decision that will one day allow me to “retire” young so I can enjoy life to the fullest.
1.Post consistently. I absolutely flat out FAILED at this in 2017! The only way to grow this blog and business is to keep at it even when it feels like it isn’t paying off. Every successful person in this business works their butt off and if I need to step it up!
2. Reach 10k followers on IG. “It isn’t all about the numbers.” I hear this 24/7 when discussing this business among other bloggers. I get it, we shouldn’t define our worth in the numbers BUT from a business standpoint and working with brands it IS a big component. I am just being 100% honest!!!
3. Add more YT content to the blog. I LOVE watching youtube videos and know that a lot of you all do as well. I feel that some things like tutorials and how-to’s are just better conveyed via video.
4. Work with more brands. Working with some of your favorite brands is a DREAM for bloggers. I have a list of brands I LOVE and would love the opportunity to work with them.
5. Focusing on what makes me authentic. I feel that this is the HARDEST thing about blogging. There are SO many bloggers out there. We all shop at the same stores, by a lot of the same items, and run our operations very similarly. It is very easy to follow in someone else’s footsteps with out even trying to do so. I want to make more of an effort this year to set myself apart and really find my voice within this community.
Ok… I am done rambling on! I hope you all enjoyed today’s post. I am a strong believer that if you put something out into the universe it will happen!! I am looking forward to hearing everyone’s goals for the new year. Feel free to leave me a comment with your goals below.